Hello! My name is Dana Johnson. I joined the Rainmaker team in March 2015 as the head of Accounting & HR.
I’m the proud mother of 3 daughters, Shelby, Kaitlyn & Maggie. We spend as much time as possible finding new adventures to conquer. Most recently, we went zip lining. I’m also very involved in serving at my church, Life.Church Shawnee. The opportunity to be the mother to my precious girls and work for such an awesome organization are both blessings from God!
One way I enjoy giving to others is through baking! This is a tradition that I learned from my Grandma and my Mom. We may not have had much but we always had enough cakes, pies and cookies on our table to share with others.
Today I’m sharing my Grandma’s famous snickerdoodle recipe.
Every Christmas, Grandma would bake and cook for weeks to prepare for the holiday. The gift she gave everyone was a bag filled with spaghetti sauce, raviolis, meatballs and snickerdoodle cookies… all homemade. This was the gift I looked forward to most every year!
Granny Jet’s Snickerdoodle Cookies
1 ½ c Sugar
½ C Shorting
½ C Butter
2 ¾ C Flour
2 tsp Cream of Tartar
1 tsp Baking Soda
¼ tsp Salt
- Mix sugar, butter, shortening and eggs in large bowl.
- Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Shape dough into balls, mix 3 T sugar with 1 T cinnamon, rolls balls in mixture.
- Place 2” apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 – 10 minutes in 350* oven.
- Immediately remove from cookies sheet to cool on completely on wire rack.